Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Agile Coach consultant is responsible for coaching & training multiple agile teams and leaders on Discovers agile principles & processes. The Agile Coach consultant will report to the Senior Manager of the Enterprise Agile Center of Excellence (CoE). The Agile Coach Consultant will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on agile and scaled agile development methods and processes.
- Coach teams & leaders on the mindset change required to transform their existing development practices to follow agile methodologies.
- Help teams to adopt and improve agile methods and practices.
- Apply lean thinking to team specific issues to bring a holistic approach to maturing a team.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the teams and individuals that they are coaching/training to build trust On-board new teams adopting agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Provide role based support & assistance as required.
- Cultivate the capabilities of each team member in their specific roles and enable them to deliver customer value rapidly.
- Assist Scrum & Kanban teams to improve delivery performance through coaching and mentoring on team roles, tools, processes and ceremonies.
- Responsible for capturing metrics at team level; leverage the metrics to monitor/enhance teams performance and agile maturity level.
- Drive the required cultural transformation in adopting the new way of working i.e agile development methodologies.
- Participate and contribute actively to continuous evolve processes to align to enterprise agile transformation strategy.
- Coaches Senior Managers in Agile & Lean practices. Enable them to be effective Agile Champions.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Agile development methods and processes.
- Lead Community of Practices / workshops based on roles or specific topics.
- Expert in visualizing flow of work, controlling Work in Progress (WIP), managing queue sizes and batch optimization of work.
- Former experience as Scrum Master or Product Owner, master of Servant Leadership.
- Mentor to the teams.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- Associate’s Degree OR Equivalent years of professional work experience
- 5+ years of relevant Lean / Agile experience
- At least 10 years of Project/Process Management experience
- Highly proficient in Agile practices and able to clearly coach teams and programs at varying maturity levels
- Profound understanding of agile methodologies such as Scrum & Kanban & scaled agile principles and practices
- Demonstrate expertise in influencing organizational change
- Experience in agile methods such as Agile testing, Agile development, XP practices and Agile architecture
- Hands on experience scaling Lean/Agile practices, preferred Scaled Agile Framework experience
- Experience in creating/enhancing training materials and deliver training
- Share knowledge at different levels, be hands-on with the team as required
- Experience using any agile development management tools (preferred Rally)Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
Since Discover launched in 1986, we’ve made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that’s different from other large institutions. If you’re looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we’d love to meet you.
Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.