Agile Leader at SpotHero (Chicago, IL)
The goal of an Agile Leader is to improve teams of developers and overall project management by increasing collaboration, innovation, and introducing techniques that promote adaptability and flexibility in the face of unpredictable circumstances. You may have been a Scrum Master, an Agile Coach. You will be the first at SpotHero and you will be given one tribe with multiple squads. This will potentially grow into a manager of Agile facilitators who will support the other Tribes. You will help us figure out process at SpotHero and allow it to evolve as we scale. You will help us getting better at building roadmaps, that we can deliver on. And when we don't why not. Your greatest work will be through others, as you help people level up our systems and processes.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve a convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What kind of person are you?
- Curious and a hungry learner
- A Problem Solver
- Ability to collaborate
- You own your work
- You are an educator
What you will be doing:
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Agile/Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Support the process to establish team health
- Supporting and educating Engineers, Design and Product, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Administer Jira, help us support our Product Development and extract Analytics
- Help us make documation accessible and easy to find
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master/Agile Coach role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile/Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked with and know well the following tools: Jira, Confluence
- Experience is playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Excellent communication, feedback, conflict and mentoring skills.
- Software development experience
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
- We are considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago. However, you must be able and willing to travel to Chicago on a quarterly basis.