DialogTech provides the leading AI-driven conversation intelligence platform for marketers at businesses that value inbound phone calls. When consumers call, DialogTech turns those conversations into actionable insights businesses use to improve marketing ROI, increase sales conversions, and deliver more personalized customer experiences, both online and over the phone. Recognized as the leader and pioneer in call analytics since 2007, DialogTech is trusted by many of the world's most successful brands and agencies.
We are seeking an Agile Project Manager to join our Technology Team and work with our Product Managers in our agile development environment. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple projects critical to the success of DialogTech’s business, regularly communicating project status updates to our executive leaders within Technology and ensuring that projects run efficiently, on schedule, and within scope.
So, what will you be doing in your shiny new role?
- Acting as Project Manager for several teams within Technology on multiple simultaneous projects, so you’ll need to be able to multitask.
- Leading projects for our Development and Operations teams, including:
- Partnering with product managers and team leads to establish project scope and timelines;
- Helping to write user stories, groom the project backlog, and set priorities for development;
- Scheduling and facilitating all team scrum ceremonies and other project- related meetings; and
- Setting team commitments for each sprint and controlling project scope.
- Writing and maintaining notes from our scrum ceremonies, and helping coordinate our monthly Tech + Product Expos.
- Maintaining relevant metrics on team velocity, capacity, and progress toward meeting goals to help the development teams see how they are performing.
- Producing weekly status updates for our team leads and executive leaders.
- Using the Atlassian tool suite to help plan, execute, and track project work toward organizational goals.
- Tracking and escalating project issues, as needed, including liaising with internal teams to help remove impediments.
- Driving continuous internal process improvement.
What skills and experience will help you be successful in this role?
- 5+ years experience managing projects, preferably within an agile / scrum development environment.
- A consistent track record of delivering projects on time and in scope.
- You are well organized and can successfully run multiple, simultaneous projects.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can collaborate across teams and departments.
- You can communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization about technology -- i.e., you are equally comfortable talking to developers (techies) and business leaders (non-techies).
- Outstanding writing skills, including exemplary documentation.
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
Here are some other “nice-to-have” skills that will make you stand out:
- Having PMI certification (or similar project management credentials) or being a Certified Scrum Master is a major asset.
- A solid understanding of the product commercialization process is useful.
- You have worked within the SaaS and/or digital marketing industry, and understand current market trends.
- You do not need programming experience, as this is not a coding position, but having a passing familiarity with the software development process is a big plus.
- You have some knowledge of the marketing ecosystem, including the most common pieces of a mar-tech stack and the functions they serve (ad serving and bid management platforms, DMPs, DSPs, tag managers, etc.).
Join us at one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 10 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description