Associate Enterprise Project Manager at VelocityEHS
*Open to candidates that reside in the Oakville, Ontario and Ann Arbor, Michigan area*
The Associate Enterprise Project Manager plays a key leadership role in projects that drive the organization’s business objectives. To do this they must work closely with their team members and business stakeholders to ensure all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. They must also be skilled in making efficient use of their team members time and carefully balancing that time between clashing priorities. The Associate Enterprise Project Manager possesses analytic thinking, knowledge of project management system capabilities/integrations, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members at all levels, including executive leadership. Projects that achieve business objectives increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes are things that are very exciting to Project Managers.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, expertise and direction on multiple large-scale complex projects or programs.
- Serve as a single point-of-contact for project stakeholder groups.
- Use industry-standard best practices to assure performant delivery of project objectives, milestones and deliverables, as well as champion compliance with all operational processes.
- Assist in the coaching of project analysts, coordinators, technical staff and project support staff, where deemed appropriate.
- Produce, edit, distribute, and maintain a variety of business documents such as reports, technical mappings and specifications, procedures, training materials, etc. for a variety of audiences.
- Within the project planning phase, responsibilities include scope definition, requirements gathering and documentation, development of project charter, development of budget, development of schedule and timeline and ensuring projects are fully documented and understood by all stakeholders.
- This position requires superior client relationship management skills including the ability to manage expectations and understand their business needs.
- Within the project execution phase, responsibilities include scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, communications management, risk management and status reporting.
- Provide leadership in the requirements gathering process (both business requirements and technical requirements).
- Assures appropriate integration between project sponsor, change manager, project team members, and business stakeholders.
- Assist with the development and advancement of project methodologies, processes, tools and templates and work practices.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Information Technology, Business, Finance, or relevant degree required.
- Minimum five years of comparable work experience.
- Exceptional skills in written, verbal, and active listening communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations; resilient and tenacious.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy, tactics and problem solving.
- Basic understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated proficiency with project planning, research, and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to create interesting, cogent, and well-edited presentations, and deliver communications to stakeholders.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and web-based tools.
- Basic knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Experience with large-scale organizational projects.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional certification an asset.
- Understanding of systems, development methodologies and tools and processes that support modern business systems.
- Process Mapping experience preferred.
- Experience in high growth environments.
- SaaS environment / background desirable.
- Experience with implementing Agile methodologies.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, and RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.