Business Transformation Services Manager at Walgreens
Responsible for serving as a results-oriented, subject matter expert to the leadership of a plan or business unit to help ensure achievement of the company’s strategies. Works with leadership to implement strategies to achieve long and short term objectives. Works to provide business analysis and recommendations that help the business achieve operational effectiveness and efficiency on transformation initiatives. Supports cross-functional strategic initiatives and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformation. Facilitates the designs and assessment of work efforts to ensure alignment to business and customer goals. Processes and synthesizes work outputs across multiple workstreams/teams into executive updates, design/prioritization frameworks and business recommendations.
• Provides advanced expertise and knowledge to the leadership of a plan or business unit helping to ensure achievement of the company’s strategies.
• Facilitates end to end approach for development of key change programs in partnership with senior business leaders. Implements key hypothesis, conducts interviews, gathers data, defines and implements required analyses, identifies issues and problems and recommends approach to address them.
• Participates in cross-functional change programs and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformation.
• Participates in multi-disciplinary project teams (e.g. including Lean Six Sigma, Change Management, etc.). Synthesizes project team work to provide recommendations to the business.
• Provides critical thinking and influence by helping to link the company’s strategic agenda to the resulting execution plan. Provides guidance and counsel in development of long term and short term plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
• Develops business design and solution requirements and subsequently helps with their prioritization by working with business partners and development teams.
• Develops executive level presentations to communicate business/program updates, risks, opportunities, etc. Develops and maintains documentation for cross-functional, enterprise efforts.
• Improves strategy execution by ensuring integration of relevant, key partners including Project Management Office, Walgreens Lean Six Sigma, and Change Management. Ensures seamless service delivery and hand-offs from strategy formulation to implementation.
• Resolves conflicts by negotiating with affected executive management.
• Contributes to or guides the development of project work plans by estimating work effort for requirements analysis activity and reporting clear and accurate work status.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in conducting enterprise analysis to understand the core needs of a business, its strategic direction, and identify initiatives that will allow a business to execute on its strategic goals or High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in conducting enterprise analysis to understand the core needs of a business, its strategic direction, and identify initiatives that will allow a business to execute on its strategic goals.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix structure and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, designing, resolving, and documenting complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master’s Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in management consulting industry.
- At least 1 year of experience in cross functional team leadership.