The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our Data and Analytics team. Kin, at its core is built on data, this team provides the data foundation that drives decision making across the organization. As a Project Manager, you will be spearheading the development and implementation of solutions identified during the discovery phase of the data product development lifecycle.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be detail-oriented, organized, empathetic, self-directed and curious. You will be able to interact with our internal development teams in a clear, concise manner and lead with positivity.
A day in the life could include:
- Collaborating with senior leaders within the data organization to develop slices of work for development team to implement
- Oversee, manage, and monitor progress of analytic projects
- Manage the status of current development projects in relation to the broader roadmap, ensuring deadlines are met and statuses are communicated to senior leadership
- Lead in writing user stories that provide all of the details needed by our development teams to develop data products
- Communicate and monitor data product releases to external stakeholders
- Coordinating and leading regular team and stakeholder meetings to both gather feedback on your projects and to share important updates
- Defining, evangelizing, and monitoring development metrics to track team performance and progress
- Manage OKR updates and value quantification for analytic initiatives
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of project management experience at B2C or other software/technology companies
- A passion for Data Science, Analytics, and Business Intelligence
- Experience working with modern data solutions (EX: Looker/Tableau/Power BI)
- Extensive experience working with agile product and engineering teams
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans
- A proven track record of owning process management or process improvement projects
- Ability to communicate with empathy and precision across all departments including communicating with engineers about technical features
- Comfortable in a startup environment or working with ambiguity. Fintech/Insurtech a plus.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.