The Deployment Consultant will support the Deployment Planning and Readiness activities in advance of a large Enterprise Asset Management system implementation. This position will report to the Deployment Lead and will share the main objective of planning for and evaluating the readiness of each of the planned system Go-Lives. This individual will act as a liaison between the business units/client and the project team to support the assessment of the Business, Technical and Operational Readiness of the Enterprise Asset Management solution in advance of the system Go-Lives. This individual will work with the Deployment Lead and the project team to support the multiple Go-Lives planned for the project through the planning and execution of multiple dress rehearsal and data conversion exercises in advance of each Go-Live.
- Support development of an overall Program Deployment Strategy highlighting workstreams affected, timelines, activities, interdependencies, and control mechanisms
- Develop, manage, and track specific project tasks related to Deployment Management
- Develop deployment readiness reporting templates followed by deployment tracking reports
- Assist Deployment Lead in organizing and leading deployment focused meetings with project team members, SME’s, client management and vendor personnel
- Develop deployment management deliverables (as outlined in the Deployment Strategy
- Applicants should have 4+ years of general system integration/implementation experience. Direct deployment management experience desirable.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills – Ability to organize, coordinate, and communicate throughout multiple workstreams in a deadline-driven environment
- Gas utility experience – especially knowledge of construction/field operations is desired
- Enterprise Asset Management experience – SAP or IBM Maximo desired
- General Consulting experience at a top tier consulting firm – running workshops; defining requirements; mapping processes; developing technical specifications
- Strong project management analyst skills including the ability to organize multiple tasks and workstreams into a common project schedule and tracking format.
- Possess strong oral and written communication to provide presentations to management
- A team player with the willingness to assist coworkers on other projects as required
- Familiarity with Microsoft based applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project). Proficiency with MS Project required.
- Understanding of System Development Lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile)
- Project Management experience – PMP certification a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.