Director of Program Management
We’re offering an opportunity to the right candidate to lead and manage a team overseeing the delivery of our web and digital projects as our Director of Program Management. You will be instrumental in taking Adage to next level by driving operational efficiency, project success, and customer satisfaction. You will manage our team of Product Owners, who are each responsible for discovering and executing digital project roadmaps that drive results for our customers. Your team will be expected to grow the value and utility of their projects in a dynamic, fast-moving IT services marketplace, with their success governed and measured by role and team-specific KPIs.
To succeed in this role, you must possess a unique blend of business and passion for technology, a big-picture vision, and the personal drive, charisma, and collaborative spirit to make that vision a reality, largely through the work of others. You’ll work closely with clients, senior executives, sales, strategy, design, development, and project ownership across all stages of the delivery process. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who is able to tactically execute, and values outcome over process.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of Product Owners, defining metrics and processes to ensure high levels of utilization, efficiency, and quality.
- Share ownership of the holistic view of our project portfolio; ensuring that our projects work in concert and are appropriately balanced against the needs of multiple customer types and stakeholders.
- Hire, coach, and develop our team of Product Owners, setting goals and providing a path for career progression.
- Identify and implement risk management for projects, working with teams to head off upcoming issues, contain project overruns, and establish practices to prevent future occurrences.
- Define, create and publish reports and dashboards to inform and support company revenue, margin, and utilization goals.
- Assist POs with the creation of clear and measurable KPIs, goals and objectives, each related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality projects that support critical business objectives and multiple stakeholders.
- Promote awareness of project teams’ plans, insights and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across teams to build a highly performing, highly motivated organization.
- Establish and implement practices while focusing on reducing process complexity and meeting overhead, both individually and in partnership with other Department leads.
- Work with Sales to coordinate proposals, RFP responses, and estimation.
We want someone with:
- BS in business, or like discipline, required. MS or MBA preferred.
- A passion for all things web / digital and using it to help our consumers achieve success
- 10+ years of experience working in a web development services or software consulting position.
- A go-getter personality and the ability to collaborate internally and externally across all departments.
- Experience with Program Management and Product Ownership in a scrum environment.
- Expert level efficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in business intelligence and analytics
- A proven history or managing and developing a team.
- Association or non-profit industry experience is highly valued.
- PMI-ACP, PMP, CSM, CSPO, and other related certifications are a plus.
- Experience scaling agile in LESS, SAFE, or similar is a plus.
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 90% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.