Internal Communications Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Serves as primary counsel on internal communications strategy. Create and deliver strategies and plans of our company-wide and department focused communications initiatives and channels to help employees understand the value of the Discover Management System in relation to Discover's strategic business priorities.
- Develop integrated project strategies and plans, including stakeholder assessment, communications, delivery methods, and leadership alignment.
- Manages internal communications and serves as a ghost writer and editor for the leadership team.
- Manages the DMS multi-channel editorial calendar, including: strategic content development, leadership communications, and internal team communications.
- Oversee team execution in accordance with project plans, communications, prioritized engagement, and support resource planning and acquisition.
- Develop and oversee the ongoing evolution and maintenance of the DMS digital platforms to further amplify the value of DMS work and the sense of community within the DMS Center of Excellence.
- Develop communications metrics short and long-term goals, KPIs, and objectives by leveraging industry software, internal data sources, anecdotal feedback, and survey results to gain insights into the effectiveness of the communications plan.
- Manages employee engagement events for the DMS organization.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Business, English, Social Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Communications or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years in Communications or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience in Change Management, Project Management, Lean
- Experience with Poppulo
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.