IoT Capability Director at Kin + Carta
The primary objective of the Connected IoT Capability Leader is to grow and nurture our IoT business unit, or Capability as we call it, and serve as a Leader for individuals within the specialty. This role is accountable for the health and growth of the Capability and is measured on revenue growth, gross margin, employee retention, and client satisfaction. This role will collaborate across locations, project teams, and other capabilities to drive success across client teams and key employee programs and processes.
- Spearhead Go To Market (GTM) offerings, marketing content & thought leadership for clients and prospects
- Champion capability-specific partner relationship management to future our position in the IoT solution space. (re: Google, Microsoft, etc)
- Conduct pre-sales call support and drive sales pursuit with client prospects.
- Conduct statement of work (SOW) drafting, team modeling, and approval
Capability Delivery & Operations
- Develop and maintain strategic client relationships & management
- Support internal People operations functions for the capability membership, specifically Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Development, in the areas of hiring, firing, and overall performance management
- Drive internal communication, advocacy, and onboarding for the Capability
- Conduct Capability strategic planning, roadmapping, and point of view on the market
- Manage decision support for P&L and KPIs and successfully conduct the strategy execution
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years of experience with large cross-functional teams
- Experience working with Hardware and Software Product Design, Industrial Design, Operations, and System Architecture
- Experience leading programs or organizations of 20 or more people
- Experience working with and delivering Connected IoT Experience (Connected Vehicles, Drones, Augmented & Virtual Reality, and more)
- Proven track record of managing complex hardware and software product schedules and engineering builds down to the small details
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes including concept & feasibility, development, and launch
- Experience with rapid development cycles and constant change; can stay focused and set direction when faced with ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate functional direction and roadblocks; Prioritize parallel closure paths, and effectively distill and communicate relevant data to the appropriate functional teams, including leadership
- Ability to hit the ground running providing team leadership, mentorship, and generating impact
- Comfortable with ambiguity; possess the fortitude to make decisions without having all the information
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.