IT Program Manager at Walgreens
Responsible for managing highly complex or enterprise-wide IT Programs consisting of multiple projects. Develops program strategy, supporting business case and various company wide high-level project plans. Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the IT project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
• Manages multi-million dollar IT Programs that consist of multiple, high-profile and complex projects that span multiple fiscal years, several business units and transport significant enterprise-wide impact.
• Ensures integration of large/complex projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as necessary, based upon the needs of the business.
• Communicates with IT stakeholders and senior business stakeholders to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
• Partners with senior stakeholder of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the company.
• Maintains the efficiency of the project organization process such as planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment. Identifies and mitigates potential risks.
• Manages teams of multiple project managers, project stakeholders and/or support staff as direct or dotted line reports. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT Project Management office. Creates a structure/environment in which team members can work together as an efficient team.
• Monitors, measures and reports on project status to IT stakeholder and senior business stakeholder. Accountable to Steering Committee and Operating Committee for enterprise/strategic goals, including but not limited to, efficiency and functionality of all IT Project completions, timeline adherence, budget and resource management.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT business or industry or High School Diploma/ GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT business or industry.
• PMP Certification as granted by the Project Management Institute or attainment thereof within a year of assuming the position.
• At least 4 years of IT Project Management experience.
• At least 4 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
• At least 4 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
• Experience in managing a project budget of more than $5 million to plan.
• Knowledge of project management best practices, including knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies.
• Experience Identifying and mediating risk.
• Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
• At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the organization.
• At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership. )
• Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/CS
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience in IT business or industry.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Project (for example: reorganizing large or complex projects into master and subprojects, optimizing resource assignments across projects, tracking schedules for completeness and/or budget on complex, connecting project managers, teams and data across the organization).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- At least 5 years of IT Project Management experience.
- At least 7 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
- At least 7 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.