Lead Project Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Credit Card Acquisition Marketing department is the growth engine for the company, focusing on acquiring new customers, delivering award-winning customer experience, and driving continuous innovation. The Loyalty Marketing team drives growth and advocacy within Discover’s loyalty loop with current cardmembers, resulting in new accounts for Discover.
The Acquisition Digital Capabilities Project Manager will be responsible for partnering with internal & external business partners to implement technology initiatives and improvements, managing all projects from inception to implementation. They will lead project teams to ensure projects are completed on time, within budgets, and meet business needs. This individual will be passionate about using technology to solve problems and have a proven track record of being a team player & detail-oriented.
- Identifies, prioritizes and builds scalable tech solutions through collaboration with BT, Analytics and Marketing
- Makes decisions regarding tech functionality and provides product and technical guidance to product owners in order to drive results.
- Gathers business requirements and translates them for project teams. Manages all aspects of each project. Leads project teams to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet business needs.
- Assembles project teams. Aligns roles and responsibilities for all project resources. Ensures project progress is tracked and team members are providing progress updates.
- Assists with business requirements analyses. Manages project scopes, issues, and risks. Ensures change controls are executed appropriately. Estimates work efforts and manages resources.
- Documents agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans, and issue logs. Communicates project statuses to stakeholders.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related field
- Agile and/or Kanban, PMP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.