Lead Project Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for managing projects related to Compliance owned reviews by Compliance Testing, Internal Audit and Regulatory Management. Leads project teams to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet business needs.
- Research, draft and coordinate review preparation materials relevant to issues facing business units across Compliance and educate the business in advance of anticipated reviews
- Maintain a response library to be provided to the business pre-review, researching reviews and compiling relevant materials.
- Maintain Compliance Exam Management procedures and training guides.
- Utilize project management skillset to establish and maintain review trackers.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and potential solutions
- Gathers business requirements and translates them for project teams. Manages all aspects of each project. Leads project teams to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet business needs.
- Assembles project teams. Aligns roles and responsibilities for all project resources. Ensures project progress is tracked and team members are providing progress updates.
- Documents agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans, and issue logs. Communicates project statuses to stakeholders.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related field
- Agile and/or Kanban, PMP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.