Lead Scrum Master
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
People don’t keep their money under mattresses anymore. Why not join a team that continues to shape the future of banking? In this position, you will build software that reaches Discover’s customers. As a Scrum Master, you will work directly with technical developers, testers, product owners, product managers, and other technology areas to ensure rapid product delivery.
Responsible for following and promoting Agile methodology and all related scrum ceremonies within an agile team. Enables the team to work as effectively as possible. Ensures impediments are resolved and the team meets sprint objectives and that releases stay on track. Coaches the team to own and continually improve their process and practices.
- Facilitates team activities, including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning, and team retrospectives.
- Manages sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments.
- Ensures sprint releases stay on track and updates sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
- Communicates Agile team’s progress, dependencies, and impediments. Participates in program increment (PI) planning events.
- Identifies dependencies between Agile teams then communicates and resolves dependencies.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Scrum Master
- Has experience using Rally
- Has Scaled Agile Framework experience
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!