Lead Scrum Master
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
*** THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE ***
This is a fast-paced role, and well suited for someone looking to get their hands dirty in a lot of different areas. As a member of the Cloud Data Platform and Analytic Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for adopting and promoting Agile methodologies and related ceremonies within a cross-functional team. Additional responsibilities include ongoing oversight during feature/user story grooming and sprint development, management of the Sprint release timeline, stand-ups and other ceremonies, and the removal of blockers to ensure agile releases stay on track.
- Coaches the team to own and continuously improve their process and practices.
- Responsible for following and promoting agile methodology and all related scrum ceremonies within an agile team.
- Enables team to work as effectively as possible.
- Ensures impediments are resolved and the team meets sprint objectives and releases stay on track.
- Identifies dependencies between agile teams and communicates and resolves dependencies between different teams.
- Manages Sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments to ensure Sprint release stays on track and updates Sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years Scrum Master experience in a large organization
- 5+ years software development project management experience
- Able to write effective User Stories
- Able to provide Agile mentoring and coaching
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the banking industry
- Experience using Jira
- Scrum Master certified
- Experience with a cloud engineering team
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.