Lead Scrum Master
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for following and promoting Agile methodology and all related scrum ceremonies within an Agile team. Enables the team to work as effectively as possible. Ensures impediments are resolved and the team meets sprint objectives and that releases stay on track. Coaches the team to own and continually improve their process and practices.
Currently, the team is working with technologies and products such as Alation for Data Cataloging, Ab Initio MDH for Data Lineage creation, and also building a data fabric pipeline in AWS to enable enterprise wide big data initiatives. You will be helping facilitate in building data pipeline to move critical data registry information across multiple platforms for information integration. Additionally, you will also be part of a high performing engineer team to create automated data registry, data catalog, and classification solutions in both batch and real-time space.
- Facilitates team activities, including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning, and team retrospectives.
- Manages sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments.
- Ensures sprint releases stay on track and updates sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
- Communicates Agile team’s progress, dependencies, and impediments. Participates in program increment (PI) planning events.
- Identifies dependencies between Agile teams then communicates and resolves dependencies.
- Gathers business requirements and translates them for project teams. Manage all aspects of each projects. Leads project teams to ensure projects are completed on time, within budgets, and meet business needs.
- Assembles project teams. Aligns roles and responsibilities for all project resources.
- Ensures project progress is tracked and team members are providing progress updates.
- Assists with business requirements analyses. Manages project scopes, issues, and risks.
- Ensures change controls are executed appropriately. Estimates work efforts and manages resources.
- Documents agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans, and issue logs. Communicate project statuses to stakeholders.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 7+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 3 years Scrum Master experience in a large organization (preferred)
- 5+ years software development project management experience
- Clear understanding of Scrum Framework (aligned with the official Scrum.org guide)
- Facilitates the Scrum ceremonies when needed
- Tracks and manages dependencies
- Coaches Product Owner in effective team backlog management
- Coaches Development team in creating high-value items
- Helps his/her designated Agile team understand and adopt Scrum Framework
- Manages and addresses Project Impediments and Risks
- Requires demonstration of leadership qualities, right (cheerful) attitude
- Values team dynamics
- Has interpersonal skills, ability to foster collaboration and address conflicts.
- Seeks to drive continuous improvement (Change)
- Experience in data management and building data pipeline for cloud data assets
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.