Lead Technical Consultant at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for leading and guiding the work of technical staff. Participates in an agile work team. Breaks down features into user stories and serves as the liaison between business and technical groups. Plans, sizes, assess impacts, monitors progress, and reports on work initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and guide the work of technical staff.
- Participate in an Agile work team.
- Break down features into user stories and serve as the liaison between business and technical groups.
- Plan, size, assess impacts, monitor progress, and report on work initiatives.
How You’ll Do It
- Make decisions regarding functionality and priority of work efforts.
- Provide product and technical consultation to working teams to drive results.
- Sign off to accept each user story.
- Develop and maintain project plans to drive results on new project initiatives, ensuring tasks, deliverables, and schedule commitments are met.
- Solve problems critical to the success of project initiatives, partnering with teams to identify and remove roadblocks.
- Participate in planning events, team demos, system demos, retrospectives, inspect and adapt workshops, and other ceremonies.
- Develop and maintain well-developed user stories from prioritized features, ensuring that each user story aligns with the product vision, has adequate acceptance criteria, and meets the definition of ready.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in product owner, business analyst, payments, relationship management, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in product owner, business analyst, payments, relationship management, IT, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Bachelor's degree in business, tech, finance, engineering, social science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in product owner, business analyst, payments, relationship management, IT, project analyst, project management or related field
- 2+ years of experience in payments industry
- Experience/knowledge of payments
- Prior experience in driving priorities, partnering with multiple internal business units, and ability to effectively communicate requirements
- Prior experience with JSON, QA Testing, API Integrations
- Strong technical skills with the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally with clients
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.