Manager, Architecture at Walgreens
Responsible for managing the implementation of projects consistent with the development, adaptation and deployment of the Unified Design Standards for stores. Ensures compliance with quality control procedures. Develops knowledge of developing architecture, engineering, and interior design guidelines and protocols according to state and local jurisdictional mandates, Company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings.
• Continuously improves processes and works with internal and external business partners to value engineers in order to optimize total cost of ownership.
• Works cross-functionally both within and outside the division, working in small teams to decrease total cost of ownership for the Company while accomplishing internal goals and delivering on results
• Subject matter expert in the negotiation consultant contracts and lead teams of licensed developing design professionals retained for the development of the Company Unified Design Standards.
• Creates and maintains Company Unified Design Standards, which is comprised of Design Guidelines, Brand Guidelines, Architecture and Engineering Standards, Building Criteria, Specifications, and Technical Manuals.
• Responsible for applying value engineering principals to lifecycle costs and occupancy costs through our Company Unified Design Standards.
• Reports on progress and uses metrics lessons learned, and best practices from prior projects to re-inject learning's into the Company Unified Design Standards
• Subject Matter Expert in the stated discipline supporting current technical needs & requirements to the overall development program assuring best in class design.
• Brings deep understanding & passion to future enhancements within stated discipline and expertise.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture and/or Design OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management, Architecture and/or Design.
• At least 3 years of experience managing and working with construction and engineering practices including budgeting, estimating and scheduling.
• At least 3 years of experience working with construction plans and specifications.
• At least 3 years of experience working with architectural/site plan design, including items such as cost and quality control, material/equipment installation, bidding practices, material and labor costs.
• Experience with CAD Software.
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
• At least 1 year of experience in developing, maintaining and managing (<$0.5m) capital budgets.
• At least 3 years of experience working with and/or establishing construction budgets and building systems.
• Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Experience in retail / healthcare industry.
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit.
- At least 2 years of experience managing teams in a matrixed environment, managing external resources, and/or developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.