MarTech Campaign Management Senior Manager
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Customer Engagement Platform (CEP) value stream is seeking a Senior Manager in application development for the Customer Campaign Management (CCM) team. This management position will be managing 3 – 4 agile teams (scrum and kanban), requires strong coaching skills, and requires wearing several leadership hats – strategy, change agent & talent acquisition. The role requires proactive leadership, looking for signs on what is working and what is not in the teams and coach the teams to be successful in delivery. This position is somewhat unique as it demands expertise in a number of key technology disciplines:
- Architecture/strategic thought leadership for transforming/modernizing the Campaign processes and platform
- Engineering experience to ensure successful implementations/maintenance of third party platforms and infrastructure
- Application development expertise to lead developers in creating and maintaining proprietary applications that integrate into the Campaign platform
- A strong understanding of data and database technologies
- Oversight of production/operations responsibilities for daily Campaign execution.
The candidate for this position must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and motivate team members and stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively, and have the passion to embrace and drive new ideas in the company with the ability to weigh risk and benefits for initiatives.
Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team, including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
Understand new technology capabilities needed to acquire and develop programmer/developer talent
Acquire, develop, coach, mentor programmer/developer talent (employees and contracted resources)
- Manage and coach several scrum teams ensuring their success through driving problem solving and implementation of automation efforts
- Coach Teams on Agile principles
- Coach Team members on career development as it aligns to their roles
- Provide oversight to their application/technical platform ensuring that it is secure, stable, and being managed appropriately at a system level.
- Work with Architects to ensure that new technology is driving efficiency & additional benefits for day to day operation of the application
- Partner with the Business to understand how the application is adding value to our customers
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Experience with Unica and/or Adobe Campaign tools
- Experience with java development in both Websphere and PCF
- Experience with data platforms such as Teradata
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!