Merchandising Automation Analyst, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect product content en masse by using scraping methods and other automated tools.
- Take ownership for the automation tools that will help drive programmatic and scalable solutions to improve the speed and quality of data collection and enrichment.
- Analyze and identify new collection methods that drive team efficiency and improve customer product findability and engagement.
- Be the automation champion and evangelize the team to think differently about how product content is most efficiently collected.
- A successful candidate will be data driven, customer obsessed, team oriented and have a successful track record of creating scalable solutions to collect and enrich product information.
- Creative problem solving skills with willingness to ask clarifying questions that challenge the status quo to understand and implement business solutions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Data Science and Data Engineering to iterate and improve current automation tools, content tiering models, and algorithms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Data or Computer Science, Statistics, Data Engineering, or related technical field.
- 2-4 years of experience in eCommerce or digital automation related field.
- Strong working knowledge of using scraping tools to collect product content (examples: Python, Scrapy)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to easily manage multiple projects effectively while translating business needs to technical requirements.
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.