Onboarding Specialist at DRW
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Onboarding Specialist will shepherd and help execute all aspects of the trading counterparty onboarding process, including gathering due diligence information, communicating status updates internally and externally, answering counterparty questions, and escalating issues internally as needed. You’ll be responsible providing high touch support to counterparties throughout the entire onboarding lifecycle.
- Shepherd internal and external KYC due diligence and perform administrative tasks for new and existing DRW counterparties (Banks, Dealers, Brokers, etc.)
- Review and help complete any incoming counterparty documents
- Ensure receipt of all required counterparty review materials.
- Liaise with counterparties globally and with internal teams to ensure quick turnaround and transparency throughout the entire onboarding process
- Manage timely and accurate execution of counterparty and internal requests
- Liaise with our Compliance team to conduct background checks and market research to evaluate existing counterparties; gather relevant information for Compliance to perform research required to vet and qualify new prospects
- Liaise with internal Legal teams to execute any service agreements with counterparties
- Liaise with other internal support teams to gather or disseminate information as needed.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in accordance with DRW’s policies
- Manage competing priorities and set clear expectations for stakeholders
- Recommend, develop, and implement solutions to support continuous improvement to our processes and procedures
- Appropriately escalate issues to senior management, the Legal and Compliance teams, and the business
- Perform business development-related research and compile data; create presentations and reports to support business development lifecycle
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, Legal Studies, and/or similar discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably working in financial services, compliance, or legal environment
- Ability to effectively analyze counterparty information and documentation in order to facilitate account opening
- Strong organizational and time management skills; excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle challenging deadlines; high sense of urgency
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and positive team player focused on achieving team success
- Knowledge of financial industry products and trends
- Proven relationship management skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.