The Oracle Database Administrator will also be responsible for the Oracle Database performance tuning, Database High Availability design and implementation, and PLSQL/Perl/shell programming. The Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for tasks such as development of best practices, repeatable procedures, as well as day-to-day database activities.
- Supporting Data Conversions teams with source data
- Working with multiple project implementation teams to support varying amounts of data
- Closely working with other DBAs, application administrators, development teams, and test teams to define requirements and develop solutions to complex problems
- Strong experience with scripting for replicate, pump and trail files
- Minimum 3 years of overall IT delivery of enterprise databases architecture projects such as Oracle database infrastructure design, builds, upgrades, migrations, support, and performance tuning database administrative experience
- Initial extracts/replicate from DB2 for large data volume in millions of rows
- Implementing restart, logging, error handling and notification
- Support Data Conversion teams with source data
- Project implementation and experience supporting multiple teams with data
- Working with Oracle on SRs for critical issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with problem solving skills
- Understanding and Working on service tickets, incidents in Azure DevOps, JIRA, Service Now tools
- Experience as Oracle RAC DBA
- Experience with ExaCS is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.