Principal - Strategy and Innovation at Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
Kin + Carta’s Strategy and Innovation Service Line serves an international clientele, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, and provides a differentiated consulting proposition that combines the suits and the t-shirts. It fuses a unique blend of business, human, technology, and data to design strategies that create tangible value, faster. S+I guides clients and their organizations on their digital innovation journey by uniting agile thinking and proven strategic frameworks to ignite growth and digital maturity. At its core, S+I enables clients to grab hold of the opportunities that technology and data present in order to transform customer experiences, and supercharge commercial performance.
We seek to hire hands-on active leaders who are knowledgeable, strategic, passionate, problem solvers, and are looking to continually learn to join our talented team! If this is you, please read on!
As a Principal in Strategy + Innovation, you will play the role of a leader who is constantly thinking about reinventing our group and as a result bringing new opportunities for client impact. You will also play the role of a mentor/advisor to our developing consultants and analysts and encourage them to take ownership of their professional and personal development.
As a Principal, you will be responsible for leading project teams of consultants and analysts with various skillsets to: design and develop commercially practical business strategies, operating models, and digital transformations for corporate clients across a wide range of industries, including but not limited to Consumer, Retail, Healthcare, and Financial Services. Outside of direct client project responsibilities, you will play a key role in maintaining high-level client relationships, identify new business opportunities with existing clients, lead proposal development, and play a very active role in business development activities.
- Lead client projects from ideation to completion and identify/resolve any roadblocks
- Provide leadership, direction, and a clear structure to project/workstream teams, including frameworks and methodologies
- Oversee the formulation of hypotheses and drive analytical rigor
- Drive project team to high-quality deliverable outputs
- Prepare and present oral and written reports to client teams, including C-suite executives
- Build, maintain and own client relationships, at all stages of a client lifecycle
- Independently identify, develop and drive new business opportunities with existing clients
- Take an active lead in developing proposals, helping to identify and bring in new client opportunities
- Continually evaluate new market trends and develop a point of view to make strategic recommendations to our clients
- Take an active role in firm leadership, including identifying and validating new service offerings the firm should bring to market
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta, which is why we have outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 6-8 years of professional experience within consumer, retail, health care, and/or financial service industries
- Knowledge and experience of complex principles of financial analysis, business strategy, and operating models
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects
- Comfortable, effective, and articulate when presenting to senior leadership and clients
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Google Drive Applications
- Advanced business degree from a top-tier institution preferred but not required
- Prior management consulting experience is strongly preferred, as well as industry experience
- Strong command of analytical rigor and mastery of quantitative capabilities
- Strong communication and listening skills, clear storytelling ability, and the ability to persuade and influence others
- Impeccable organizational skills and extraordinary focus on work quality and attention to detail
- Strong emotional intelligence; ability to easily engage with colleagues, clients, and prospects
- Demonstrable grit for driving excellence and achieving long term goals
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.