Principal Technical Project Manager
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Plans and oversees the execution of business architecture-driven initiatives while ensuring Discover’s systems provide the necessary functionality and flexibility that is aligned with the company’s long-term objectives. Oversees execution on strategy and pipeline of projects for the Innovation Office and Integration Management in case of a merger or acquisition.
- Drives or assists research and/or brainstorming sessions to help promote a culture of innovation within the department. Translates ideas and concepts into an executable projects.
- Understands and tracks technology trends and strategies. Represents Discover Business Technology when working with external parties.
- Provides leadership and guidance to teams/business units where there is no clear organizational ownership yet defined or where products/technology is not yet institutionalized or adopted.
- Mentors and assists more junior team members.
- Organizes and enables collaboration and partnership across cross-functional teams, with internal and external partners, executes on strategy and architecture-driven initiatives. Drives or assists in communications on strategic initiatives to help drive consensus, achieve clarity and solve business problems. Provides oversight and process guidance for Integration Management activities in the case of a merger or acquisition.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in project management, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience in project management, or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.