Principal Value Stream Architect - MarTech at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
We are looking to modernize our Marketing Technology and Campaign Management platforms. Our ecosystem will be comprised of third party MarTech tools and proprietary java applications, which will integrate into our new Marketing Analytics data store. We are implementing Customer Data Platform and Journey Orchestration platforms. We are looking for a talented Value Stream Architect (VSA)to lead the efforts in defining a strategic roadmap, selecting tools, designing proprietary components, and mentoring junior developers. At the same time, the candidate will be involved and working with our Agile delivery teams. This includes Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Security, Data Analytics, and Infrastructure teams to identify technical and functional system needs. The candidate must be capable of demonstrating advanced and strong Thought and Results Leadership skills, with a view that supports the vision and mission of our team, department, and company.
This is a technical leadership position and fills the critical role of Value Stream Architect that drives technology roadmap and capability advancement in alignment with business requirements. In addition, this individual mentors and guides other technical staff members on adoption of new tools (e.g., CI/CD), new methodology (e.g., Test Driven Development), and new technology platform (e.g., Cloud Foundry, Public Cloud).
- Deliver technology solutions that support our business goals.
- Able to perform hands-on API and data development
- Partner with Product Managers to build the strategic roadmap/product vision
- Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions, leading all design efforts
- Provide strong technical leadership and direction within the team, ensuring junior members are following best practices
- Collaborates with the Value Stream and Enterprise Architects to define future-state Value Stream architecture in the context of the broader enterprise architecture.
- Provides insights and guidance to the Product Management group on initiative and feature complexity, and impact assessment.
- Establishes relationships with Business and BT Value Stream participants in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and influence strategic initiatives.
- Provides architectural governance and helps create a technical roadmap for Value Stream.
- Defines the target architecture for Value Stream, taking into account scalability, simplicity, and supporting business growth as defined within Value Stream.
- Act as Product Owner for technical initiatives/features that drive technical capabilities.
- Serves as a technical coach and mentor for junior team members of Value Stream.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in software development, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in building and implementing model-driven business solutions and applications, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in building and implementing model-driven business solutions and applications, or related field
- Experience with MarTech stack tools and the integration of these tools
- Experience with Unica and/or Oracle Responsys
- Experience with Customer Data Platform and Journey Orchestration tools
- Experience design and implementing java application and data warehousing technologies
- Technical experience with :
- Designing APIs
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Batch)
- JSON/XML processing and validation
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus
- Data Technologies: Teradata, Oracle, SAS, SQL
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry(PCF), AWS, Snowflake
- Leadership skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills, responsive to service needs
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.