Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
What are we looking for in a Production Manager?
- Strong organization and project management skills
- A growth mindset who loves learning new things
- Resourceful – able to anticipate issues and find solutions
- Collaborative and supportive - we don't point fingers or find blame, we work together to find solutions and implement them together
- Humble - no room for egos
In a typical week, you will oversee and be held accountable for …
- Coach and develop Supervisors, Assistant Supervisors and Leads
- Keep a close eye for new potential leaders on the floor and work with them to grow their careers at Farmers Fridge
- Develop and communicate staffing plans and schedules
- Execute and train on new systems and processes
- Create and conduct audits of all areas of the production floor
- Review and troubleshoot labor costing and yield numbers
- Communicate cross-functionally with other facility managers and close feedback loop on open issues
- 75% of time on the floor
- Units per hour
- Employee Retention Rate
- On Time Start Up %
- Labor %
What we're looking for in a Production Manager:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- 5 or more years in a food manufacturing environment - working with fresh foods is a plus
- Strong knowledge of OSHA safety standards and GMP/ Food Safety standards
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows – we are in a new place every quarter!
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures