Program Mgr, Agile Delivery, Zoro Tools
Company Summary: In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The Program Manager – Agile Delivery role is responsible for the delivery of the Customer Experience Product Roadmap as well as the growth and day-to-day management of the Agile/Lean capabilities within Zoro, with impacts across numerous teams in multiple locations. This role provides thought leadership, process design and implementation, and tool requirements around the Agile/Lean practice to ensure the teams are executing in an optimal manner for the present and in a position for continued improvement for the future. A key responsibility of this role is to mentor ScrumMasters and Project Managers not directly reporting through his/her organization and be responsible for knowledge sharing across the organization. This position will act as liaison to partners within and outside of Customer Experience and the PMO as it pertains to Agile/Lean opportunities and challenges. He/she will work closely with the program sponsor(s) to align business objectives with program roadmap planning and execution. The Program Manager provides direction, guidance, and oversight to Project Managers and/or cross-functional teams assigned to the support projects of the program. Their focus is to maintain strategic alignment between the program, associated projects, and the applicable organizational and/or Zoro objectives. Works with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to influence and ensure alignment on Agile/Lean decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides thought leadership to the Agile/Lean practices within the Customer Experience and PMO organization. Incorporates industry best practices to strengthen the knowledge and application of Agile/Lean practices. Encourages and provides opportunity for ongoing learning for members of the organization.
- Provides overall leadership of all participants on a given program. Acts as front-line contact with the program sponsor(s) on project related issues, responding to concerns with clear and concise feedback.
- Working with ScrumMasters and Project Managers, ensures the necessary standards are rolled out across the organization, balancing the needs for consistency with the flexibility required for teams to most effectively operate
- Directs the determination of program scope, resource requirements, skill requirements, project milestones, budgets, and risks.
- Is a primary stakeholder for Agile tools, including Confluence and Jira. Acts as the voice of the organization as it relates to system requirements and priorities.
- Identifies and removes barriers that may impede successful completion of the program. Also acts as an escalation point for project managers and ScrumMasters working on supporting projects.
- Works closely with program sponsor(s) to develop and deliver program roadmap.
- Becomes a trusted advisor to business leaders
- Collaborates with Zoro leadership, Internal Applications Program Manager, and the PMO team on the design and implementation of processes to ensure alignment and buy-in
- Provides indirect leadership and guidance to agile teams. Supports ScrumMasters and Project Managers as a mentor and ensures consistency and alignment
- Takes part in special initiatives as necessary, in a participatory or leadership role
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession.
- First-hand experience with Agile/Lean principles and practices on multiple execution teams, including cross-functional models
- Solid track record of facilitating collaborative discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Approaches differences of opinion with an inclusion and encourages open dialogue.
- Keen critical-thinking skills, with an ability to understand impacts at both the team and organizational level. Leverages experts in the organization to develop solutions and ensure buy-in. Balances the need for department-wide buy-in with expediency.
- Demonstrated solid influencing skills and excellent relationship building skills. Builds solid partnerships and effectively networks to support team and organizational objectives.
- Maintains an excellent reputation among team members and peers. Seen as open-minded, diplomatic, and approachable. Is a highly respected representative of the team and the Agile/Lean practice.
- Experience in effectively navigating a matrixed organization
- Superior written, verbal, and electronic communication skills. Has demonstrated the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, tailoring messages according to the audience.
- Operates with a continuous improvement mindset – constantly looking for ways to have teams and personally become more effective
- Seven years experience with project management concepts and practices in an Agile environment.
- Proficient with group facilitation, interviewing, and conflict management techniques.
- Advanced Agile workshop skills – Road mapping, story writing
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Desktop Software – Windows, Word, Project, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills. The incumbent must have the ability to accurately obtain, interpret, and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions.
- Expert knowledge of Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence, ServiceDesk
- Proficient with version control and change management processes, policies, and principles.
- Proficient with customer relationship management concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Accomplished with process mapping, analysis, and re-engineering concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Accomplished with solution mapping, analysis, and engineering concepts, tools, and techniques.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.