Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2020-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Project Manager – Agile Delivery is part of Zoro’s PMO team and will work closely with other project managers and business owners here at Zoro to plan and deliver valuable initiatives. The main responsibilities of this individual will be to fulfill the Scrum Master role on an agile delivery team as well as assist Product Owners and Program Managers with overall planning, management, and completion of other assigned technical and non-technical tasks and initiatives. Must be familiar with SDLC and Agile methods, be able to execute under pressure, think outside of the box and adapt to frequently changing environment and priorities.
This Project Manager is a collaborative professional who relies on their ability to successfully lead a team without direct authority. Ultimately, the Project Manager – Agile Delivery is responsible for the successful and coordinated delivery of a project backlog, release planning and continuous improvement as prescribed by current industry Lean/Agile and Project Management best practices.
Working closely with product and engineering he/she will help manage the entire scope and timeline of each project they will assist product owners in the generation and maintenance of a healthy backlog and assist in the coordination and communication of the product roadmap and its delivery. This Project Manager will guide the team to set achievable goals that are delivered with quality and align with our larger business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall leadership and support to a project/product team. Acts as front-line contact on project related activities, issues, and risks.
- Help foster transparency across the organization by ensuring that there is good communication flow both internally within the development teams and externally amongst other relevant stakeholders in the company.
- Ability to identify business needs & innovation that align with the overall company goals
- Contributes to the determination of project scope, resource requirements, skill requirements, project milestones, risks and release plan
- Responsible for facilitation of agile ceremonies
- Responsible for project administration in Jira
- Monitors, documents and communicates project status; anticipates problems and resolves them or escalates them to the appropriate level of management to ensure proper project completion that maximizes value delivery
- Provides proper level of guidance through team development stages
- Identifies and removes barriers that impede the team’s ability to make progress on their project
- Manages and enables communication amongst team members, functional departments, business sponsor, and the supporting project office.
- Strong knowledge and experience of agile delivery and project management concepts and procedures.
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of strategic and tactical projects.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive team member who can work with all types of stakeholders and is able to communicate concepts to a broad range of business and technical staff.
- Must be able to perform under pressure.
- Must be able to effectively manage change.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with Customer Service, UX/UI team, QA, developers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to give clear and consistent communication of an initiative to technical teams and stakeholders.
- Proficient with version control and change management processes, policies, and principles.
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to develop, lead and motivate cross-functional working teams.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to understand and clearly explain technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management or Management Information Systems is required. Master’s degree would be a plus.
- Four (4) years of full-time experience managing project/product delivery in an agile environment
- Agile certification is required – CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP or other.
- PMP certification is a plus
- Advanced experience with Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence, Service Desk
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Desktop Software – Windows, Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.