Project Manager - Change Management Lead at SDI Presence
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Project Manager - Change Management Lead’s role is to plan, oversee and coordinate the organizational change management activities throughout the whole project life cycle of a system implementation. The Change Management Lead’s primary focus is to ensure the client organization adopts new technology and processes. Along with technology implementations, other aspects of the Organizational Change process may include, but are not limited to, communications management, risk assessment, and workforce/human resources transformations. This individual will have primary responsibility for ensuring that deliverables meet client standards and expectations. The successful candidate will work on multiple tasks simultaneously and be a team player.
The Project Manager - Change Management Lead’s will report to the Program Manager.
- Identify a list of key stakeholders and stakeholder groups, and define their goals and expectations, levels of commitment, and ability to influence the change process.
- Develop Change Management policies, procedures, processes, and training requirements as appropriate to the client’s IT and business requirements
- Interact with clients regarding the nature of the business need or issue to be addressed
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Review and interpret business requirements and develop detailed technical requirements
- Analyze requirements and determine how it will affect new or existing systems
- Provide assistance to Program Manager on the development of project plans related to schedule, budget, scope and resources
- Ensure achievement of business goals and objectives by proactively communicating with project stakeholders
- Follow IT development processes such as change management and configuration management.
- Understand each project's critical path activities and proactively manages those to project's benefit
- Interact with customers to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, both verbally and in writing
- Help monitor staffing levels and hire project staff as required
- Prepare reports and conduct meetings with client, partners and staff
- Write staff reviews and document disciplinary issues as required
- Communicate project issues to Delivery Executive
- Work with Delivery Executive to interpret and apply the contract to daily activities
- Follow all SDI defined processes
- Create documentation for project activity audit trail.
- Collect and compile data/information for projects and presentations.
- Assist in development of work product for the client
- Proposal/Statement of Work generation
- Pursue continuous learning, staying on top of industry trends, sharing knowledge with others
- Identify and Close business opportunities
- Other tasks as requested by the Program Manager/Delivery Executive Team
- In accordance with Change Management policies, review all Implementation and Migration plans and schedules
- Verify that changes satisfy predetermined effectiveness metrics and determine follow-up actions to resolve situations where the change failed to meet objectives
- Manage Problem Management
- 4-year college degree or relatable professional experience
- Change management and Training experience on large-scale implementations
- Demonstrated experience managing security projects and/or people
- Ability to work in the field, both in a management and hands on roll
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Five or more (5+) years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and/or advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Products
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills
- Gas utility experience – especially knowledge of construction / field operations is required a plus
- Enterprise Asset Management experience – SAP or IBM Maximo desired
- PMP Certification Required
- Prosci Certification a plus
- Utility industry experience, preferably gas utility experience a plus
- GIS experience a plus
- Customer Information System experience a plus
- Experience with conducting or overseeing design/configuration work and pre-release testing
- Experience developing online or computer-based training materials is a plus
- Experience analyzing organizational change readiness, developing organizational readiness plans and developing training curriculums to manage the readiness gap
- Knowledgeable with business/functional processes in construction & operation of utilities and ability to identify employees, locations and facilities impacted by Maximo technology
- Experience developing and managing project communications plans