The Project Manager participates in the cost estimating, planning, execution, and delivery of various complex infrastructure projects. The Project Manager manages risk using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule, and cost. This position leads defines and manages project plans to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Also, the Project Manager serves as a resource to other team members on escalated issues, guiding them in the development and delivery of their work product.
The position also coaches and mentors employees, including formal reviews and evaluations of project team members and direct reports.
- Interact with clients regarding the nature of the business need or issue to be addressed
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Review and interpret business requirements and develop detailed technical requirements
- Analyze requirements and determine how they will affect new or existing systems
- Facilitate the development of project plans related to schedule, budget, scope, and resources
- Ensure achievement of business goals and objectives by proactively communicating with project stakeholders
- Follow IT development processes such as change management, configuration management, security compliance
- Understand each project's critical path activities and proactively manages those to the project's benefit
- Lead subject matter experts to resolve project challenges
- Interact with customers to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, both verbally and in writing
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and alerts
- Prepare reports and conduct meetings with client, partners, and staff
- Write peer reviews and document issues as required
- Communicate project issues to Project Executive and/or PMO lead
- Create documentation for project activity audit trail
- Collect and compile data/information for projects and presentations
- Assist in the development of work product for the client
- Proposal/Statement of Work generation
- Pursue continuous learning, staying on top of industry trends, sharing knowledge with others
- Identify and Close business opportunities
- Other tasks as requested by the Project Executive and/or PMO lead
- 5+ years of project management experience - managing projects throughout all phases of the project lifecycle (initiation thru close-out)
- PMP certification is required
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Business, or related field
- Experience managing projects in a data center, network, desktop support, or contact center environment
- Some experience leading projects for wireless and physical networks in an IT or construction environment
- Exposure to leading Desktop support services projects in a Windows environment
- Experience working within a PMO
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Conceptual understanding of IT operations including Data Center, Network Operations, Help Desk, and field support
- With the familiarity of ITSM systems, ServiceNow preferred
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work within a team environment, interact with clients, and use problem-solving techniques
- Required to work on-call as needed
- Managed Services and Consulting experience is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This opportunity may require a COVID-19 vaccine based on SDI Presences clients’ requirements and/or guidelines in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.