Project Manager, D-PAS Certification & Optimization
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description:
The D-PAS Product Management & Network Alliance Support team within Global Commerce is responsible for developing, managing and implementing critical advanced payment products impacting all businesses in Discover Financial Services. These products are based on complex technologies including EMV and Contactless (i.e. NFC). EMV is a specification for conducting secure transactions between cards with integrated chips (chip cards), POS terminals capable of reading chip cards, issuers and acquirers. The EMV specifications broadly impact the payment ecosystem from card issuing to merchant acquiring, and serve as the baseline technology for other products such as mobile payments. D-PAS is Discover Financial Services EMV-compliant payment specification.This position will help ensure Discover maintains its market position by streamlining DFS optimization programs by enabling the smooth implementation of D-PAS programs. The successful candidate will be the go-to subject matter expert on supported processes, will ensure programs are optimized and that the solutions that are put in place are effective across Discover Network, Diners Club International and PULSE. This includes contributing to the development of certification strategies and providing thought leadership for the development and rollout of all related outsourcing programs. This individual will also provide guidance to multiple internal teams that use the certification processes and will support the overall certification lifecycle. He or she will also have a role in representing DFS at major emerging payments industry forums and will need to communicate effectively with the senior leaders of Discover and other organizations.
* This position is ideally located in Riverwoods (IL) or Phoenix (AZ), but candidates in New Albany (OH) and REMOTE will be considered.Job Responsibilities:
- Support and develop new and existing programs and test plans – Continue to identify opportunities to streamline programs and test plans owned and developed by the team and ensure new D-PAS or other emerging technologies have a go-to-market strategy.
- Manage ongoing projects with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Enhance D-PAS optimization processes – Contribute to US & international strategy for D-PAS programs, continually seeking opportunities for optimization/outsourcing of supporting processes. Deliver enhancements that improve client experience, decrease time to market and ensure our certifications are best in class.
- Ensure close collaboration with internal partners, providing subject matter expertise in a wide a variety of settings, such sales meetings, internal development discussions, and other strategic decision-making sessions.
- Manage vendor relationships – Maintain and develop close partnerships with multiple strategic vendors, continually looking for ways to leverage those relationships to advance and optimize existing processes.
- Expand awareness of DFS advanced payment products and represent DFS at industry and client events. Deliver compelling presentations to all levels of internal and external management.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices #LI-BP1
Job Requirements/Experience (Education, Skills, Experience Required)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent job experience required.
- 3+ years of payments experience including experience with EMV chip cards and with EMV certification test tools.
- Ability to support multiple time zones. Flexibility in schedule to support interaction with clients and partners.
- Excellent client and vendor management skills, including ability to leverage external partners to achieve results in tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic planning and goal setting, with a keen ability to prioritize. Ability to drive results under pressure.
- Must have successfully led and implemented business critical projects, which impact multiple teams.
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to effectively deliver information to internal and external constituents at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to understand complex technical concepts.
- Must be able to travel globally.
see job description We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.