Project Manager at OneMain Financial
OneMain Financial is a successful and fast-growing financial services company. Due to company growth, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager will be responsible for concurrently managing complex projects, focused on the implementation of technology and information security initiatives. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, outgoing, and enthusiastic. They will thrive on learning new things while proactively identifying innovative solutions to problems.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support company objectives in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Manage technical projects, utilizing established project tools and methodologies, with minimal guidance.
- Develop and manage comprehensive project plans and associated project documents.
- Proactively address changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Coordinate resources (team members, equipment and consultants) across multiple projects and departments.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Compile and report project status across the organization.
- Manage vendor selection process and coordinate vendor efforts throughout the project.
- Coach, train, mentor, and direct the work of less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years of experience including experience managing technology or information security projects.
- Strong knowledge of Information Security in an enterprise environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with proficiency in managing competing priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the flexibility required in real world implementations.
- Able to conform to shifting priorities and demands through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to influence others to gain consensus.
- Able to work on cross-functional, inter-department project teams with tight deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, to handle concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication skills and experience interacting with business and technical individuals at all levels.
- Technical background with broad knowledge of computer systems, networking and information security concepts.
- Strong computer skills, and experience with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Strong presentation skills and experience delivering training (a plus).
- Working knowledge of Agile, DevOps, CI/CD and ITIL (a plus).
- Act independently with general supervision.
- May include travel.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.