Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
Kin + Carta Connect is looking for a Project Manager to work on our client projects from our Chicago office. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the successful delivery of our client projects along with identifying additional sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with Kin + Carta teams to run million-dollar Content, Commerce and MarTech projects, while creating solid client relationships and identifying future areas of growth within a client.
- Collaborate across Kin + Carta’s capabilities to project manage multi-disciplinary teams of people to successfully deliver integrated client solutions.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects throughout the entire project lifecycle from pitch to go-live.
- Work with the other Kin + Carta disciplines to estimate, plan, and scope each project.
- Manage disciplines that may sit outside of the current workplace or country.
- Demonstrating proficiency in strategic, creative, technology and business management environments, our PMs are supported and sponsored to sharpen their skills to deliver human advantage in all they do.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 8+ years experience managing all aspects of delivery for a range of projects e.g. creative-lead marketing, data-driven feature development, site design and build on any of our preferred platforms
- Experience with platform technologies (eCommerce, CMS, Martech, etc)
- Ability to create a project plan and pricing model for proposed project with guidance from ED. Proficient with developing engagement contracts, including Statements of Work and Change of Scope requests.
- Ability to manage an RFP response with oversight from ED. Includes framing the response, articulating the project scope/requirements, Kin + Carta's capabilities and detailing a project approach.
- Adept in identifying project skills to fill team roles. Leads project estimation process, gathers and consolidates input from other disciplines.
- Demonstrated management of multiple smaller projects simultaneously or a single, complex project independently. Proficient with all dimensions of the delivery process.
- Extremely proficient with PM tools (estimating, tracking, resourcing, risk management, financial management, MS Project, JIRA, etc.) with expertise necessary to guide internal and client teams on use and applicability.
- Understanding of Agile leadership and facilitation of teams to deliver human-centric solutions
- Proficient with financial management and modeling tools and financial analysis techniques.
- Able to consult with clients to identify the most suitable delivery approach which may be a hybrid of methodologies
- Familiar with all disciplines and able to lead large, highly complex technology projects independently.
- Experience with assessing and managing risk within your own projects
- Project tracking and commercial reporting/forecasting experience
- A proven track record of strong budget and scope management
- A desire to bring transparency to the business team and ability to grow and maintain the trust of your teams and clients
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Brilliant problem-solving and analytical skills
- A strong drive and desire to learn
- Experience managing small and medium-sized cross-functional teams
- Proactive at managing expectations for agency and client teams
- Exposure to complex Martech Systems including Content and Commerce Management
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.