Come for the mission. Stay for the experience.
Let’s keep things simple: we are an unbelievably talented, hard-working, and compassionate team driving towards a mission that impacts every single one of us - even you!
Healthcare benefits are complex, underutilized and a mystery for most users. We’re removing that complexity. Our industry-changing technology solution puts a simplified benefits experience in the hands of users, saving them time and money.
Following an explosive 2019 (raising $30M in Series C funding, awards for Chicago’s Best Tech Startup and Chicago’s Best Place to Work, adding 50+ key team members and more), we’re continuing down the path of high growth and high impact.
As the Project Manager, you will play a lead role in consistently improving the development quality and speed of our product team. As the HealthJoy PM you will execute this mission by fully understanding the needs of the business, understanding the results of the work effort that has been completed, and communicating the excitement of momentum and value back to the stakeholders.
- Own Agile project management, including continual planning, tracking, and communication for local and distributed teams.
- Help the team to identify and resolve risks and impediments; resolve bottlenecks and conflicts
- Lead continuous improvement in Agile Project Management and Engineering processes and practices
- Align with Product Management and Stakeholders on requirements traceability
- Serve as a coach to the teams: support and empower team growth in becoming a Scrum self-organized team, capable of execution according to plan and meeting commitments
- Encourage the teams to inspect and adapt development process based on Agile principles and values as well as group needs
- 2+ years experience as a delivery manager for multiple teams
- 3+ years experience with Jira and Confluence
- 2+ years experience working with Agile processes and teams
- 5+ years experience in IT
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience in working with distributed teams
- Manage internal and external dependencies
- Experience in creating Agile Project Management and Engineering processes
- Strong experience as a Scrum Master, CSM certification
- Product ownership experience, CSPO certification
- Experience in managing support requests
- Technical experience (QA/developer experience)
- Experience in business analysis
Work should be meaningful and rewarding.
HealthJoy offers a robust package of employee perks and benefits including healthcare benefits, flexible PTO plan, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also enjoy each other's company over wellness activities, catered Friday lunches, happy hours, volunteer events in our local community, lunch and learns, and ‘friendship time’ pairings.
The best benefit of all? We use our own product. As an employee, you can rely on HealthJoy to feel confident about your own healthcare decisions and get the most out of your unique benefits plan.
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.