Project Manager at Walgreens
Implements activities that generally impact discrete components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects.
- Conducts projects in any area of the H3 Program organization.
- Guides multi-disciplinary project teams in the achievement of project objectives typically within one department or area of specialization.
- Facilitates team information and work flow. Participates in developing and documenting project schedules, milestones and budgets for team.
- Shares budget, schedule, milestone and cost / benefit decision-making responsibilities, but not accountability, with executives and managers.
- Gathers information and participates in writing or writes project plans. Coordinates and tracks project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes.
- Coordinates and may lead project meetings.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities. Serves as key contact with project team members to resolve project resource conflicts.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of project management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 5 years of project management experience.
- Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations
- At least one year experience of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience managing software development projects
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience developing new business models and opportunities; defining, developing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications.
- Knowledge of planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets
- Knowledge of mobile technologies
- Experience with web technologies and online software development practices.
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.