As a Project Manager at Adage, you’ll serve an important role to our clients, ensuring that their needs are supported, their business requirements are clearly understood, and successful technical solutions are delivered.
As the leader of our client support group, the Project Manager will be responsible for management of a portfolio of clients, documenting and prioritizing client requests, and communicating with both clients and internal development and design teams. You will manage clients’ timelines and budgets, in addition to their product requirements within the fast-paced environment of our growing company. As Project Manager, you will also assist team Product Owners with managing Adage’s largest strategic engagements.
Our ideal candidate is a natural communicator, loves organization, understands our clients’ perspectives, and possesses an effortless project management style that conveys curiosity, humility, and confidence.
What you'll do:
- Triage client support requests to ensure all highest priority requests are met as quickly as needed
- Gather requirements for support of client websites, mobile and ecommerce solutions
- Translate and communicate project requirements to Adage teams
- Gather and deliver estimates to clients and gain approval before assigning to developers
- Create and maintain clear acceptance criteria for user stories
- Participate in testing for quality assurance and user acceptance
- Track project budgets, deadlines and general progress towards the completion of client requirements
- Prioritize and groom a backlog of user stories for portfolio
- Monitor threats, risks and opportunities that might affect the success of projects and communicate them to the management when appropriate
- Maintain an open and honest line of communication with clients to update them on our project progress
- Lead client status meetings and deliver status reports
- Develop and maintain release schedules for support clients
- Coordinate with the Project Management Office to manage client requests
We want someone who:
- Is passionate about what we do at Adage
- Has at least 1 – 2 years’ experience managing delivery work with existing clients, writing acceptance criteria, estimating project costs and communicating project timelines
- Has prior experience at a web or software development organization
- Enjoys working with developers and designers to understand technology requirements
- Has strong business writing skills and presentation skills
- Communicates exceptionally well in phone calls and through email
- Understands and can create tangible clarity around abstract ideas
- Has proven organization skills and attention to detail while retaining big picture goals
- Is unafraid of asking questions
- Is willing to challenge certain feature sets or ideas in a positive and collaborative manner
- Has experience in web content management
- Experience in Scrum delivery is a plus
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 90% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.