PerkSpot is a benefits company that offers perks and discounts, as well as rewards and recognition, to millions of employees. We work to secure exclusive discounts from top brands like Apple, Target, and Samsung, which are then bundled into one, easy-to-use platform. From there, we partner with some of America’s top employers, like Walgreens, McDonald’s, and Lyft, who provide those discounts to employees so they can start to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re working hard to carry out that mission to this day. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the tech and human resources industry, but we’re committed to doing even more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. We may have started small, but we’ve grown quickly, and proved ourselves and our product while doing so. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology – specifically machine learning and AI – to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role
PerkSpot is looking for a take-charge Project Manager. This role will manage major software development initiatives utilizing agile methodology, while focusing on goals centered around delivering value to our customers.
As a member of the PerkSpot Product team you’ll live our team values, which include being user-centric, data driven, and results oriented. We are a scrappy team that wears multiple hats, so we are always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand with any of our ongoing projects. We are constantly learning and growing professionally. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about e-commerce and looking to grow their business responsibilities and expertise.
This role will report to the Director of Product.
A successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a project management role (required)
- 2+ years of experience in managing projects in an agile team obsessed with delivering value.
- Experience managing concurrent product teams. Specifically, implementing and scaling agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban frameworks.
- The mental dexterity necessary to provide clarity and focus the team on delivering customer value amidst a healthy level of ambiguity and competing priorities.
- The experience in measuring, analyzing, and drawing insights from crucial project metrics to ensure common understanding or facilitate change.
- Comfort level in coaching product and engineering teams in delivery best practices.
- A keen eye toward continuous improvement and a natural penchant to improve things.
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, and gain a better understanding of all the stakeholders
- Familiarize yourself with the team setup, current projects, and agile ceremonies.
- Learn how we get things done at PerkSpot, including our product and software development processes -- raise the bar!
Throughout Your Career Here
- Become the delivery thought leader at PerkSpot
- Be an advocate for continuous improvement
- Elevate the team by leading by example
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.