Regulatory Specialist at RXBAR
RXBAR: Real and delicious, we make clean-label snack products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids and RX Nut Butter. Made with egg whites, dates and nuts, our core ingredients are all there for a reason. No free rides. No fillers. No B.S. Our products are gluten free, soy free and dairy free and contain no preservatives or artificial ingredients.
Regulatory Compliance Specialist: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country and this explosive growth requires more of a need than ever to ensure our compliance. We are looking for someone to join our team as a Regulatory Compliance Specialist. This role is part of the Quality team and provides cross functional support to the broader supply chain, R&I, legal, marketing and sales.
Our ideal candidate has a strong interest in food and regulatory compliance, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person must have a bias for action, act with a sense of urgency, seek excellence, have an analytical mind that embraces data, strong critical thinking skills and think creatively.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external partners to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements of internal standards, packaging, artwork, marketing and sales material.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the quality (regulatory) certifications and systems to ensure compliance to regulatory, federal, and local laws.
- Interpret and provide guidance on regulations for foods to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Guide partners on labeling regulations and certifications.
- Responsible for food labels and managing supporting documentation including tracking timing and requirements for renewals.
- Influence regulatory direction and drive strategy on cross-functional teams
- Develop & implement regulatory compliance processes internally.
- Interact effectively with FDA and other regulatory personnel, food safety auditors, and customers to maintain positive relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Microbiology, Engineering or similar related field
- 5-7 years working in a regulatory or quality role for a food manufacturer and/or consumer packaged goods (CPG) company
- Established connections with government agencies and industry groups
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Acute understanding of/and passion for food, quality, process, and procedures
- Emotionally intelligent and strong critical thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, education assistance program, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.