Release Train Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover’s Business Technology organization is in the midst of locating a Release Train Engineer. This person will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART (Agile Release Train).
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for iterations and PI (Program Increments).
- Facilitate PI Planning (Program Increment Planning).
- Facilitate periodic sync meetings (Scrum of Scrums or ART Sync).
- Encourage the collaboration between teams, architecture and Product Management.
- Help manage risks and dependencies.
- Report status to Leadership and Release Management.
- Aggregate Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Assist with execution and feature completion tracking.
- Ensure data is up to date in Clarity and Rally, delegating responsibility to the teams but ensuring accuracy.
- Track and escalate impediments.
- Encourage collaboration between teams with the goal of self-organizing, self-managing teams.
- Work with Product Management, Product Owners and Stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Attend System Demos and Solution Demos.
- Drive continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops, assess the agility level of the program and drive improvement.
- Coach and mentor team members in Agile, Scrum and SAFe best practices.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a technology centric field) or the equivalent work experience
- 7+ years working as a Scrum Master
- Certified ScrumMaster – Scrum Alliance
- 10+ years working in Project Management
- 5+ years working with application development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.