Jellyvision is hiring a Scrum Master
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Scrum Master to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a Scrum Master, you’ll be responsible for the success of the delivery teams towards reaching their strategic outcomes. You will help delivery teams, colleagues, and the organization reflect and improve while creating an environment for delivery teams to succeed. You know that newer teams will need more high-touch applications such as event facilitation while changing approaches and amount of support as teams mature. To get there, you’ll report into the Agile Coach through the Organizational Effectiveness team developing teams’ current ways of working, structure, and tools and creating an environment built on collaboration, communication, visibility, and engagement.
What you’ll do
- Focus on and coach teams within a value stream from idea to product development to delivery
- Although called a Scrum Master, utilize various approaches and techniques outside only Scrum that enable agility across teams (e.g. XP, Lean thinking, Kanban)
- Guide delivery teams on how they can discover how to best contribute to creating a valuable product
- Coach and educate the various delivery team roles on leading practices
- Provide strategies for how to decentralize decision making when needed and lessen dependencies
- Knows enough around how software development works to make sure the team is efficient and effective
- Utilize appropriate metrics to identify progress, proactively mitigate risks, recommend improvements, and lead improvement activities
- Partner with other team leaders to create an environment that energizes and empowers team members to innovate, focus, and get value delivered with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
- Educate delivery teams around agility, including the tools, techniques, and roles
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience as a Scrum Master
- Has seen or been part of a transformation and knows how to incorporate change management techniques
- Experience with tools that aid teams (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Drive, collaboration tools), including the better ways of organizing those tools that encourages collaboration and transparency
- Knowledge and application of various agile frameworks, philosophies, and techniques (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, LeSS, etc.)
- Enough technical acumen to ask great questions and challenge teams’ assumptions
- Established reputation for building peer like relationships and able to communicate and influence groups with highly developed communication skills
- Optimizes work processes
- Communicates effectively
- Ensures accountability
- Drives engagement
- Situational adaptability
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!