Scrum Master at SDI Presence
The Scrum Master will be responsible for operations over Application Administrators, DBAs, Migration Managers, DevOps, and Integration and Deployment sub-teams. Additionally, the Scrum Master will use Agile/Scrum principles to ensure the agreed-upon process is being followed. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
- Guide the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Ensure alignment with company development, security, and other technology policies
- Establish and break down a sprint schedule into measurable activities, ensuring dependencies are met
- Help balance the prioritization of technical debt against new feature innovation and software delivery
- Facilitate team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, Iteration Retrospective, and other Agile ceremonies
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Produce reports on team performance
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitate the team retrospective
- Guide the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities
- Coordinate activities with internal staff, as well as outsourced or offshore staff to ensure projects/products are progressing within budget and on schedule
- Support the team effort in detecting, resolving, and preventing defects and bugs and producing quality code
- Coordinate addressing external and internal requests to the development team
- 10+ years of Scrum Master experience and/or IT related experience
- Experience in full IT software development lifecycle to ensure effective facilitation at all levels and all stages of the project
- Ability to lead through scrum events across multiple teams
- Experience with metrics and reporting
- Certified Scrum Master is preferred
- Azure DevOps Board experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.