The ideal Scrum Master for Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about Agile with interest in educating and coaching organizations on the Agile Scrum methodology. They look to continually learn, and enjoy sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus.Responsibilities
- Facilitating all necessary team meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.)
- Facilitating Agile release planning and helping the PO manage the release backlog.
- Coaching the team in Agile relative estimation techniques, cross-functionality and self-organization
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating project issues and risks
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to defining and prioritizing the product backlog
- Ensuring transparency into the team’s work through the sprint backlog, burndown chart and other Agile metrics
- Leading by example - knowing when, and how, to push for more results
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint commitments
- Being the coach and all around advocate for the Agile Scrum delivery methodology amongst project team and client stakeholders
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in a Scrum Master/Project Manager role
- 1+ years experience with budget management, while keeping deliverables on time and within budget
- 1+ years experience of Agile Scrum roles, artifacts, and ceremonies and able to communicate and teach processes effectively to teams
- Experience working with Rally/Jira or a similar project management software
- A proponent for Servant Leadership
- Proven ability to bring transparency to the business team about development; growing trust while demonstrating your commitment to deliverables to the business team.
- Experience with identifying delivery issues and risks, and a sense of urgency for removing blocks and driving continuous improvement
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.