Founded in 2001, Adage is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create and implement their digital strategy. It's our people-first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology. Adage is consistently recognized as one of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Scrum Master who will empower our teams as a servant leader, applying the Scrum framework to optimize team performance. As a Scrum Master you will be working with multiple teams to facilitate planning and successful delivery of client projects through the full project development lifecycle. You’ll monitor team performance and remove any impediments that block sprint goals. You will help to foster a safe working environment for the team, and will be an innovator who seeks continuous improvement for high performing teams.
Our ideal candidate is a collaborative problem solver with a passion for servant leadership and proven experience in practicing Scrum principles to guide teams in producing high quality work.
What you’ll do:
- Coach and coordinate 1-2 scrum teams as Scrum Master, collaborating with Project Owners, Designers, and Developers on project workflow
- Assist in communicating and mitigating cross-team dependencies to maintain team velocity
- Facilitate scrum rituals, meetings, and any necessary decision-making processes for the team (sprint planning, daily standups, feedback meetings, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.)
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- Collaborate with Scrum teams and Project Owners in developing sprint reports and workflows
- Guide the team on how to get the most of out of self-organization
- Facilitate estimation meetings using relative effort estimation techniques
- Work with team to determine technical debt and dependencies
- Provide support for the development team and project owner in delivering incremental value each sprint for the projects
- Champion Scrum practices and values across teams, and educate others on these practices
- Help to identify and apply strategies for process improvement for the development teams
We want someone who has:
- 3-6 years of experience working as Scrum Master and strong understanding of Scrum principles
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: burn-down techniques, retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent ability to collaborate and communicate with both internal and external teams
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and experience working with both business and technology teams
- Has a background in content management systems, ecommerce, or other digital technologies
- Has provided agile training to teams, clients, or stakeholders
- Consulting experience a major plus
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 85% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.