The Scrum Master will be responsible for operations over Application Administrators, DBAs, Migration Managers, DevOps, and Integration and Deployment sub-teams. Additionally, the Scrum Master will use Agile/Scrum principles to ensure the agreed-upon process is being followed. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
- Guide the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Ensure alignment with company development, security, and other technology policies
- Establish and break down a sprint schedule into measurable activities, ensuring dependencies are identified across teams
- Help balance the prioritization of technical debt against new feature innovation and software delivery
- Facilitate team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, Iteration Retrospective, and other Agile ceremonies
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Produce reports on team performance
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitate the team retrospective
- Guide the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities
- Coordinate activities with internal staff, as well as outsourced or offshore staff to ensure projects/products are progressing within budget and on schedule
- Support the team effort in detecting, resolving, and preventing defects and bugs and producing quality code
- Coordinate addressing external and internal requests to the development team
- 10+ years of Scrum Master experience and/or IT related experience
- Experience in full IT software development lifecycle to ensure effective facilitation at all levels and all stages of the project
- Ability to lead through scrum events across multiple teams
- Experience with metrics and reporting
- Certified Scrum Master or PSM is preferred
- General understanding of core project management skills is preferred (e.g. gathering requirements, features grooming, issues & risks tracking, etc.)
- Azure DevOps Board experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This position does require the individual to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We will consider and determine medical and religious accommodations in accordance with federal and state laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.