Founded in 2001, Adage is a web design and development firm combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy. It’s our people first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology.
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
We are a growing company and are looking for experienced Scrum Masters who will empower our teams as servant leaders to work towards continual improvement. As a Scrum Master you will be working with teams to facilitate planning and execution of client projects through full project lifecycle.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple scrum teams (1 – 2) as Scrum Master, collaborating with Product Owners, design, and development teams on project workflow
- Assist in communicating and mitigating cross-team dependencies to maintain team velocity
- Facilitate all necessary team meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, feedback meetings, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.)
- Collaborate with Scrum teams and Product Owners in developing sprint reports and workflows
- Guide the team on how to get the most of out of self-organization
- Facilitate estimation meetings using relative effort estimation techniques
- Work with team to determine technical debt and dependencies
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
We want someone who has:
- 3-6 years or more of Scrum Master and/or agile coaching experience
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: burn-down techniques, retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle (plan, design, development, testing, and deployment) and have worked with both business and technology teams
- Has a background in content management systems, ecommerce, or other digital technologies
- Has provided agile training to clients and stakeholders
- Consulting experience a major plus
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus