Join us to make a difference and deliver results across the organization
We’re looking for a talented Scrum Master who is ready to take the next step in their career. This role will manage critical projects across the organization and provide leadership in the delivery of key initiatives.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
About the Role
PerkSpot is looking for a take-charge Scrum Master. This role will lead major software development projects utilizing agile methodology, while also taking on cross-functional projects utilizing a traditional project management methodology about 20% of the time.
As a member of the PerkSpot Product team you’ll live our team values, which include being user-centric, data driven, and results oriented. We are a scrappy team that wears multiple hats, so we are always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand with any of our ongoing projects. We are constantly learning and growing professionally. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about e-commerce and looking to grow their business responsibilities and expertise.
This role will report to the VP of Product.
A successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience in a project management role (required)
- At least 2 years experience working in e-commerce (required)
- Experience working within the agile software development methodology, as well as experience managing business projects in operations, marketing, or customer service (required)
- Knowledge and familiarity with most aspects of e-commerce including technology, marketing, and analytics
- Experience implementing Agile software development methodology
- Ability to collaborate, and identify situational strategies to get results
- Ability to motivate people across different departments - (this role will require managing the work of people that are not direct reports)
- A sense of ownership -- we’re a small company that embraces self-starters
- Ability to roll up sleeves and do what it takes to get results, while working collaboratively with all stakeholders
- An undergraduate degree
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, and gain a better understanding of all the stakeholders
- Familiarize yourself with the current projects and road map
- Learn how we get things done at PerkSpot, including our product and software development processes -- raise the bar!
Throughout Your Career Here
- Become the process thought leader at PerkSpot
- Deliver key strategic initiatives
- Implement continuous improvements to our management and delivery processes
- Develop your career as an e-commerce project management professional
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team of fifty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.