Scrum Master at RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
We are looking for an energetic Scrum Master that is passionate about shepherding teams from the start to the end of sprints and all other Agile ceremonies. If you are a strong communicator that prefers being an “owner” instead of an “employee”, this is the right place for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will manage multiple scrum teams and must be able to juggle multiple priorities
- Expected to have great knowledge of the Agile methodology, but must also be flexible enough to accommodate a shift in business priorities
- Develop a deep understanding of the products your teams support/develop
- Will be expected to assist the product team with creating/maintaining stories
- Partner with the product, UX/UI, and QA teams
- Create weekly reports on team performance
- Work closely with the product, QA, and development teams on releases to ensure they are on time and stable
- Continuously strive to have optimum performance of your teams, while helping them keep a great work/life balance
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be a good citizen of the company and always be willing to help in any way
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Confluence, etc.
- Ability to have tough conversations
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast paced, growing environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.