Security Project Manager
Security Project Manager
OneMain Financial is a successful and fast-growing financial services company. Due to company growth, we are looking for an experienced Security Project Manager to join our Information Security team. The candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to lead technical projects from initiation through implementation. This role is location in our Chicago office, or our Evansville, Indiana location.
The Security Project Manager will be responsible for concurrently managing complex projects, focused on the implementation of technical solutions to support business initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for security and a commitment to project execution. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills, previous experience coordinating projects and is able to work cross-functionally. They will thrive on learning new things while proactively identifying innovative solutions to business problems.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Manage small to medium sized projects or significant portions of large complex projects, utilizing established project tools and methodologies, with minimal guidance.
- Develop and manage comprehensive project plans and associated project documents.
- Proactively address changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Coordinate resources (team members, equipment and consultants) across multiple projects and departments.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Compile and report project status across the organization.
- Manage vendor selection process and coordinate vendor efforts throughout the project.
- Coach, train, mentor, and direct the work of less experienced team members.
- Highly motivated self-starter with proficiency in managing competing priorities.
- Proven success utilizing project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the flexibility required in real world implementations.
- Able to conform to shifting priorities and demands through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to influence others to gain consensus.
- Able to work on cross-functional, inter-department project teams with tight deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, to handle concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication skills and experience interacting with business and technical individuals at all levels.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience utilizing Jira application (a plus).
- Technical background (a plus).
- Project Management Certification (a plus).
- Act independently with general supervision.
- May include travel.