Senior Capacity Management Specialist at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Service Capacity Management Specialist role will be responsible for the day to day delivery of Enterprise Payments Platform systems supporting Discover, PULSE and Diners Club network lines of business. They are responsible for production and benchmark platform performance reporting and engagement with application teams.
They are subject matter experts on the operation of the core systems supporting the service, and have a strong understanding with work experience in cloud based and virtual system infrastructure and peripheral services including network, firewall, and database management. They work closely with both application development teams and operations teams to deliver best in class services to DFS end customers.
Our Payments Application Performance Services team typically involves the engagement of resources across multiple business and technical units, so a broad business/technical engagement background is highly desired.
Analyzes science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems, and reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Tests, maintains, and monitors computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Expands or modifies the system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Troubleshoots program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
- Consults with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Uses the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems, such as the development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Computer Systems, Technology, Finance or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Computer Systems, Technology, Finance or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!