Senior Cyber Security Project Manager at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Under the direction of senior team members, performs project management duties from original concept through final implementation. Supports cross-functional departments and external vendors to identify projects’ risks, capabilities, and dependencies. Responsible for reporting projects’ progress, impediments and quality, and delivery exceptions, including escalating to satisfy quality and deadline targets.
- Supports projects’ direction, implementation, and development of work plans, schedules, budget, estimates, and resource planning.
- Coordinates meetings with leadership, management, vendors, and key stakeholders to define requirements.
- Documents project plans, and monitors project progress to agreed timelines and quality standards, and escalates issues to management. Reports milestones, deliverables, constraints and potential project risks to help drive risk mitigation and issues-resolution.
- Works closely with department leads and technical teams to meet specific business requirements and timelines.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Information Security, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Information Security, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- PMP, CEH, GIAC
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.